MONTHLY MEMORY LANE: 3 years ago: May 2013. I mark in red three posts that seem most apt for general background on key issues in this blog . Some of the May 2013 posts blog the conference we held earlier that month: “Ontology and Methodology”. I highlight in burgundy a post on Birnbaum that follows up on my last post in honor of his birthday. New questions or comments can be placed on this post.
- (5/3) Schedule for Ontology & Methodology, 2013
- (5/6) Professorships in Scandal?
- (5/9) If it’s called the “The High Quality Research Act,” then ….
- (5/13) ‘No-Shame’ Psychics Keep Their Predictions Vague: New Rejected post
- (5/14) “A sense of security regarding the future of statistical science…” Anon review of Error and Inference
- (5/18) Gandenberger on Ontology and Methodology (May 4) Conference: Virginia Tech
- (5/19) Mayo: Meanderings on the Onto-Methodology Conference
- (5/22) Mayo’s slides from the Onto-Meth conference
- (5/24) Gelman sides w/ Neyman over Fisher in relation to a famous blow-up
- (5/26) Schachtman: High, Higher, Highest Quality Research Act
- (5/27) A.Birnbaum: Statistical Methods in Scientific Inference
- (5/29) K. Staley: review of Error & Inference
Monthly memory lanes began at the blog’s 3-year anniversary in Sept, 2014.