MONTHLY MEMORY LANE: 3 years ago–March & April 2013. I missed March memory lane, so both are combined here. I mark in red three posts most apt for a general background on key issues in this blog . I’ve added some remarks in blue this month, for some of the posts that are not marked in red.
- (3/1) capitalizing on chance-Worth a look (has a pic of Mayo gambling)!
- (3/4) Big Data or Pig Data?–Funny & clever(guest post)!
- (3/7) Stephen Senn: Casting Stones
- (3/10) Blog Contents 2013 (Jan & Feb)
- (3/11) S. Stanley Young: Scientific Integrity and Transparency
- (3/13) Risk-Based Security: Knives and Axes-Funny, strange!
- (3/15) Normal Deviate: Double Misunderstandings About p-values–worth keeping in mind.
- (3/17) Update on Higgs data analysis: statistical flukes (1)
- (3/21) Telling the public why the Higgs particle matters
- (3/23) Is NASA suspending public education and outreach?
- (3/27) Higgs analysis and statistical flukes (part 2)
- (3/31) possible progress on the comedy hour circuit?–One of my favorites, a bit of progress
- (4/1) Flawed Science and Stapel: Priming for a Backlash? –April 1
- (4/4) Guest Post. Kent Staley: On the Five Sigma Standard in Particle Physics–Excellent guest post by Staley
- (4/6) Who is allowed to cheat? I.J. Good and that after dinner comedy hour–funny and wise
- (4/10) Statistical flukes (3): triggering the switch to throw out 99.99% of the data–Higgs stat!
- (4/11) O & M [ontology & methodology) Conference (upcoming) and a bit more on triggering from a participant…..
- (4/14) Does statistics have an ontology? Does it need one? (draft 2)–links with 4/29
- (4/19) Stephen Senn: When relevance is irrelevant–Senn is always worth reading and rereading
- (4/22) Majority say no to inflight cell phone use, knives, toy bats, bow and arrows, according to survey–weird
- (4/23) PhilStock: Applectomy? (rejected post)
- (4/25) Blog Contents 2013 (March)
- (4/27) Getting Credit (or blame) for Something You Didn’t Do (BP oil spill, comedy hour)
- (4/29) What should philosophers of science do? (falsification, Higgs, statistics, Marilyn)–links with 4/14
Posts that are part of a “unit” count as one. There are relevant posts that I don’t mark in red simply because they’ve been reblogged more than once, or recently. Monthly memory lanes began at the blog’s 3-year anniversary in Sept, 2014.